Wednesday 14 January 2015

January 6th Audition For Dissocia

Auditioning for the part of Lisa Solo Audition

For the part of Lisa I had to read a monologue from the play.The monologue is of Lisa when she realizes she has lost an hour of her life on her trip back from New York.
Fist I had to portray Lisa in the way i thought she would act and speak. To do this i really thought about her character, She is confused. Even worried or concerned about loosing an hour. So i stood up and paced small steps around the performance space.  I did this to give the effect of urgency  and  impatience . I made my facial expression very neutral  and blank to show that she would of been thinking intensely. I had my arms folded to show a solid and closed body language. I think Lisa would look like this on stage because she is in a weak and vulnerable position at this point and time in the play.  

Then i was asked to do the first couple of lines in a sarcastic voice and manner. Lisa's persona would change, her body language would still be standing tall but she have her hands at her sides and her head turned up in a mocking manner as she looks down her nose. Or she may have her hands on her hips to show the classic stereotype of toying and or mocking. This is what i did to show a sarcastic persona. To show sarcasm through my voice i made my pitch high and tone sarcastic. And my volume was loud and projected to show she wanted to make an impact. Also i always kept eye contact with Rachel and Katie because it was important to show them that i wanted there attention and that the character wasn't shying away .

I was then asked to read the last part of the monologue in a shy and timid manner. So to change Lisa's persona again i had a quite voice. My pitch was low , and tone neutral and i would tend to use dramatic pauses. Also i looked down at my hands never giving eye contact . This showed that i was shying away and didn't want eyes looking at me. This gave an impression of being timid . My hands were closed together and my feet where together. This works well to create a shy persona as your body language looks small and closed.

I was then asked questions on what i knew about the play, who i wanted to play,why i wanted to play that character. Also questions like how i can be supported , what are my strengths and weaknesses , what was my intake on the play as a whole.
I answered these questions honestly and to the best i could . 
I thought these questions where a very important not only for the director but also for myself, because it really made me think about the character and my views on the play . These are good questions to reflect on throughout  future rehearsals.

No comments:

Post a Comment