Wednesday 14 January 2015

Grease dance 9th Jan

Today with Emily we created our own dance step for 8 beats. It had to be Grease themed so we watched a couple of dances from Grease. I picked up that the dance they use the most in Grease is a dance called the jive . Its a lively , quick dance that is play to very upbeat music. I was grouped with Amber and Holly Hop. We decided that we would go with the song "Always be together" its the closing song . We decided on some moves after watching the film version of that song to give us inspiration.
After showing the class our 8 step dance we all had to teach our dance to eachother to pull of one big Grease dance number ! Here it is .



Whole class Grease number !


Dance is not my strongest skill, however i had some good ideas that we incorporated in our 8 step dance. This is our final piece . As you can see i need to work on my timing and extension , but my character and stamina is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment