Tuesday 6 January 2015

Development of scene 2 4th November

This is the first scene where we go into the woods. I have some dialogue in scene 2 with the baker , The Witch id trying to persuade the baker to steal little red riding hoods cape. To develop this scene me and Luke concentrated on how verbal exaggeration should come across to the audience .Myself in particular had to concentrate on how exaggerated my facial expressions where. I needed the audience to catch on quickly,how badly the witch needed and wanted the cape.
To do that I made sure my eyes where wide to show the imposing intensity the witch had over the baker. The Witch wants to make an impact on the baker to make sure she gets what she needs.
Also to show that the Witch had a sense of urgency for the baker to get the cape i made my voice volume loud to show that I was aggressive in the way the witch controlled the baker and so that she seemed scary to the audience and baker. Also my pitch was high and my tone was angry to make my instructions more strict. This was effective to the type of dialogue the Witch had at this point.
Something i need to work on however is the dialogue the Witch has when she hears Rapunzel. I found it hard to make a quick change in tone , from serious to compassionate.
Although my body language was good I made it straight and wide ( by having my arms stretched out to the sides again to show an imposing persona) and I  held my hands close to my chest when the witch hears Rapunzel to show a brief loving side to the Witches persona.

No comments:

Post a Comment