Wednesday 6 May 2015

Friday dance two hours

In today's lessons we started off by running through the first part of the dance that we had already learnt. We always run rehearsals with the staging blocks through the center of the dance studio as this will give us and idea of what it will be like to dance on the stage and the space we will have next to the cat walk.
We then learn the second part of the 'peaks and the pollicols' dance. It involved a lot of turning and jumping. The hardest part for we was my co-ordination and balance . I will have to think about how to make my travelling and landing tighter and neater. Also we will have to sing whilst we are dancing . This will be challenging because I know I will be concentrating on the dance moves and counts of 8 and this will distract me from singing as well. This is something I will have to focus on next rehearsal.
Finally to end the lessons we had to come up with our own solo in a 32 count beat. I used lots of repetition and levels in my solo to make it look simple yet effective. And I based my movements on how they will work around my prop which is a camera. My targets for next lessons will be my facial expressions and focus during my solo especially for when I am singing during the dance too.

No comments:

Post a Comment