Wednesday 6 May 2015

Easter Term Rehearsal

Today was a positive rehearsal . It gave all of us a great insight to where we are strong within our performance and where we need to improve. Personally I feel my weakest scenes are the Britney and Jane scenes. The dialogue exchanged needs work on pace and line confidence. My cast's performance is on Wednesday the 15th so this was a great opportunity to see how much time we had to improve on lines and interaction.
A worry I really had was a movement element with the Jane scene. We have most definitely developed our ideas from blocking the Jane scene on the floor. Today we tried to run the scene on a two person tricycle which proved to be very uncomfortable and distracting. It really effected my concentration on lines and I would find myself skipping some important dialogue. This will be a target for myself and Liviey to overcome as she had the same problem and was concentrating on pedaling. It was a good opportunity to see what ways we could try with the tricycle and how we would mime dropping the bombs out of the plane to sound effects.

However even though the tricycle was a challenge it added a great sense of humor to the scene and was visually interesting and attention grabbing for the audience. Also I saw it as an opportunity for improvisation on performance night which could make the scene even more humorous.

Also today's rehearsal helped with entrances and exits . Myself and Holly as Lisa find that there are very few times we are off stage. This makes sense as it is a world that Lisa has created in her own mind as a result of her dissociative disorder. Also que lines for when im off stage are very important to pick up . For example one I will always remember is with the guards my que line is "I'd kill for an arse like yours'.

Overall I feel confident with the Victoria scene , the lift scene , the guards, Oath taker , goat  , my song , polar bear and second act. I feel that i need to work on line confidence for The Jane and Britney scene .

No comments:

Post a Comment