Tuesday 19 May 2015

Variety rehearsing

myself and Jess always make good use of the rehearsal time. We agreed that togther we would work on the song 'what is this feeling?' From the musical wicked together during variety lesson time . We often find our selves in the practice rooms with Luke,Max and Holly Hos. We find that constructive criticism from our peers is very benifical and they give us great support . Also we have asked kim to help us out on our song. She has given us some harmonies to incorporate in our song . For example on the line "it's so pure, it's so strong " I sing the higher harmonie and Jess sings the lower harmonie .

To reflex on our college time rehearsals when I get home I practise my harmonies with the backing track to the song. I feel this gives me extra practise and helps my voice vocaly prepare for this song and the challenges within it . To mentally prepare I think about the character of Elphaba and what she must be feeling during the song. This helps me get into character and show emotion through my singing. I interpriate Elphaba as an outcast , shy and underminded person .

A challenge within this song has been the timing . At the beginning of the song there is a large pause . In this time we have to correctly say our spoken lines "my dearest father" . It's hard because there is no bit of music to que our entrance. The pace in this song is very fast and snappy , we have to take into consideration where it's best to fit a breath in so we can hold a long note like 'my whole life long' which is also another harmonie !


No comments:

Post a Comment