Monday 11 May 2015

Variety lighting and costume

Myself and Jess agreed that we would like half the stage to be green to represent Elphaba and her envious personality and half of the stage red to represent Galinda and her passionat , boastful persona. We will stand on the side relivent to out characters colour . Men of example will be the green side. In the middle of the song we would like there to be a general wash of the two colours to show the two personalities clashing .

For costume I have decided to wear a smart , fitting , green dress . I want to take a modern and original approach to the song and how we portray it. I don't want Elphahba too have the typical green face , I want to show more of a realism approach about two girls clashing because of an emotional difference and not just her typical green face . However I will have the green dress and green makeup around my eyes and lips to give the audience a relatable link to the character and one they will recognise .

No comments:

Post a Comment