Thursday 23 April 2015

Thursday 19th march exhibition hall lesson

In this lesson we worked with the other class. First we started with a warm up to get us vocally and physically ready to perform our first 3 scenes of our plays. We had 30 minuets to go through the scenes that we had to perform. As a class we thought it would be a good idea to share the showing of the first 3 scenes as we are a double cast. I worked with Holly Hop , Ashley and Bryleah. Personally I think showing the other class what we had so far at short notice was really helpful and useful. That was the first time we had shown an audience and it was great to hear and see audience response.
 It helped show me what the audience found funny and also gave me reassurance that my facial expressions where making the impact I had intended. It was also nice to see the other classes piece. It help give us some inspiration and ideas. I think personally it helped me gain confidence in the way I portrayed Lisa. My facial expressions got laughs and changed the atmosphere within in the scene. For example when Victoria is explaining how Lisa 'mission' is to find her hour the line 'its like being a spy or something' is lisa's attempt to make light of the conversation and my body language , and comical facial expression got the reaction I was hoping for. I think all in all it was important development element for my character of Lisa ,because I needed that reassurance that its important to act naturalistic because Lisa in her self is natural but has to live with this dissociative element in her life. I helped me establish the difference in her natural state and the moments where she breaks down. Actually getting up and trying it out in front of an audience gave me a good positive and developing insight.

No comments:

Post a Comment