Thursday 26 November 2015

Friday 13th November Dance Park Bench evaluation

Today our stimuli was a poem called Park Bench . We had to work in groups to create a piece that echoed the lyrics of our poem. Park Bench was about one man and his lift that revolved around this park bench . We focus on the relationships he had within the poem and the story within it . Myself and Luke represented the man and his relationships when hew was young while bryleah and max represented them when they where old. We did this by having to benched next to each other to show the past and present.  Myself and Luke focused on certain stanzas to portray the young couple.  A creative idea  that I brought to the piece was that Bryleah and Max walk off stage together looking old and weak and myself and Luke would walk off stage and slowly become old by hunching my back and curling low into myself. To represent what we interpreted as his wife or lovers death after we where decreasing in height and posture I curled up into a ball on the floor in the  fetal position as Luke walked off .


In our performance I think myself and Luke's chair duet to represent relationships was successful and looked neat and well executed . Also I think we portrayed the emotions in the poem to a passionate standard by keeping a strong extension and a focused eye line .


To improve and develop the dance I think we could interact with Bryleah and Max and maybe we could do a chair duet phrase in unison. We could even swap partners so I could work
with  Max  and Luke could work with bryeah to add diversity to the piece .

Here is our piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment