Wednesday 11 November 2015

Drama 8th September

In todays rehearsal we had a brief run through of act one .
I think that I'm confident with my lines in the opening song Rent and my characterisation is good . When im singing the lines 'how do you stay on your feet when on every stree it's trick or treat' I look out to the audience and around the space whistle stumbling around and holding my stomache in pain .  I think this is effective because this scene takes part just after Collins is betan up . He's still in pain and I feel it's important to portray this through the line so the audience can see what day to day life is like for gay people in rough parts of New York in the late 80's not just Collins . However this also leads into 'you ok honey?' Where angel discover Collins and comes to his aid .
Also I'm pleased with how confident I am with santa fe , I have picked it up well and found a comfortable key to sing it in. To improve Santa fe myself and max and Kat still need to work on some movement around the train and the performers as I feel it's still messy . Also I'm happy that I feel confident with 'today for you tomorrow for me' but I feel that stage wondering is agaig messy . I think we should choreograph some movement and interactive between Collins , Mark and Roger in the flat to make that scene look less random and more interesting .

What I want to improve and understand

  • Enterances & exits 
  • Space awareness 
  • Choreograph Collins getting betan up 
  • Interaction with Mark and Roger 
  • Life support interaction 
Rehearsal with max , luke and James Wednesday 11am

No comments:

Post a Comment