Thursday 26 November 2015

13th drama unit 1

In todays rehearsal we started blocking happy new year part B . I still feel that I'm not so confident with happy new year so I need to devoted more time into leaning the timing of this song. Also I feel that we need direct spaces to go to , we need a purpose on stage to help us get into the song and feel comfortable in the space with a direction to use.


We then did a speed run of act 2 with both casts . I think this was beneficial  for myself when I'm off cast . I know where my entrances and exits are .The fist impressions I get of act 2 is that the mood has changed with dramatic tension, relationships have changed Joanne and Maureen have broken up , Roger and Mimi are on bad terms and Angel is in very poor help. The 2nd act is a real drop in emotions and pace compare to blossoming love in act 1 and new found relationships and events.
In act 2 alot happens for my character Collins , he looses the love of his life . Angel passes away and Collins is now going to deal with life without her and grieve. Also all of his friend around him are arguning and Roger is moving away . Just as the devastating news of Angel passing on , Collins has no support from his friends . He has to battle this alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment