Wednesday 11 November 2015

Dance evaluation 23rd October Guernica

1. What was the stimulus for the piece ?
Guernica a painting by Pablo picasso repressing the bombing of a little spanish town called Guernica.
2.How did you create movement material to communicate the theme/stimulus? 
For example in the dance I used a lot of crouching , hiding and low to the ground moves . One move I had myself in a small ball I the floor reaching out , this was to syimbolize how people may of been taking cover when the him hit but still reacting out for the help of their loved ones . 
3. What was your contribution ?
 My contribution to the peice was a smooth movement myself and luke where involved in . We both rolled into the same movement in canon to show a domino effect that my happen in a disaster . Also my contribution was my idea that involved contact with eachother . It was to all group around kim and move in a Heat beat motion around her in almost a big hug position . 
4. How did you use your phyisical skills in the performance ? 
In the performance I used extension to show panic through out my body that someone in a bombing disaster my experience longing for safety or the hand of their loved ones . Also my posture was strong and straight to show the determination to survive within the dance. 
5. strength / weakness ?
I think my ideas and  solo movemnets where effective and relevant to the stimulus . Also I think my timing with the music was good and has improved . They way I interacted with others was strong aswell. To improve I think I need to be more graceful within my movements and become faster when travelling . 
6. Target ? 
My target is to become faster when traveling throught the dance as I don't want to fall behind in timing with my team  , also I'd like to become more graceful when portraying these movements especially as they represent a serious stimuli . maybe i need to improve on my balance to become more graceful .

Here is the link to our finale piece





No comments:

Post a Comment