Thursday 12 November 2015

12th November unit 1

In today's rehearls we worked on the song 'Happy new year" which is the second song in act 2 scene 1. I think this is a cheery song that is meant to bring the audiences attention and excitement back up after an interval . Also it is important because it shows how time is passed . In a musical or play time sift often happens in the second half of the play to relate to the audiences absence from sitting and spectating . I feel as though the vibe in this song is hopeful and prosperous . Everyone is excited about the new year starting and is hoping that this will be a good year for them , when new relationships are found and ended . It is a chance to move forward . I feel as though Collins is very comfortable with angel and is happy involving her in his and has excepted love into his life . Also I feel though she has a massively positive role in his life , she picks him up and they bounce off eachothers personas well, because they are both about living in the present . 

In the first half of the rehearsal we worked on timing in the song with Kim. The song is challenging because everyone has a certain beat to fit their lyrics in . For example Collins has 4 beats to count that is instrumental before he comes in with the line "Bond. James Bond." This line is also meant to be comical as he is dressed in a suit like 007 ! My target for this song is to listen to the music and it's rhythm . Hopefully then I will have a clear understanding of the beats , tune and timing for my lines . 

For 'happy new year' Collins is dressed as James Bond . For this scene I think I will try to get a white shirt , black blazer and a clip on bow tie . Maybe for trousers I can just wear black Jeans or leggings as I will have to make a quick costume change . Also I think I should the shoes very casual . I might wear my vans or some trainers as I would like to keep that 'common' , ' casual' side of Collins showing . It brings out his personality and adds some playful comedy to an ironic smart James bond which is the complete opposite of Collins charter . 
   
In the second half we blocked for happy new year . We have decide that Mark , roger , Mimi , murine and Joann will be gathered around the door to the apartment waiting for myself and max to arrive . We arrive in the middle of the stage on my line 'bond James bond' everyone one then rushes over , loving our costumes . Angel then walks over to the door breaks the bolts and we all walk into the apartment to find it empty . Meanwhile there is activity happening around us on the streets . Groups of drug dealers walking around and homeless hanging around .

No comments:

Post a Comment