Thursday 19 May 2016

Dance evaluation of Twat

https://youtu.be/LgpSjwzd8Pw

Overall I was very pleased with our piece. We remembered it all, we did it in good timing and looked strong and exaggerated when holding potions.

We used a poem for our stimulus  'Twat' by John Cooper Clarke. The poem has great comedy in it with lots of imagery which we thought would give us lots to explore with and give us a great chance of using exaggeration , extension , pace and facial expressions .  We wanted to do a piece that was more based on stylized movement much like physical theater rather then dance. However we had elements of physical  dance skills within our movement for example unison , canon , co-ordination and extension.

A piece of movement I contributed my idea towards was the 'scratching your bad name off his list and pointing the way outside'. I really liked how we would all be on our knees in a circle scratching up in unison then sharply pointing away from the circle , I think it looked really aesthetically  pleasing and co-ordinated. Another contribution I made was 'the shadow of the guillotine of a dead consumers face'. I really like how we staged it , we slowly moved into the transition and then made the movement shocking by being fast and sharp , almost to reflect the guillotine.

I think through out the dance we maintained a good pace , focus , and exaggeration . I really liked our use of posture on the line 'like a sucked and spat out smartie' . We would all bunch together with a low slumped posture then sharply moved away from each other spreading are arms out with big extension to portray being spat out.

I think we had great facial expression through out our dance especially on the word ' grim' . We would pull grim faces and scrunch our hand up into a claw shape to reflect on the word grim. Also our sharpness and emphasis on the word grim was really bold and exaggerated. I also felt that our eye line was always focused onto each other to show a clear indication of interaction .

What I think went particularly well in the piece was the transitions between movements and our exaggeration. We developed our speed within the dance and become more confident with the moves there fore making the dance sharper for example 'you went to a progressive psychiatrists' we managed to quickly descent into that position with bumping into each other.
What I think we need to improve on for next time is our spacing. For example in some parts of the dance I felt too far away like ' I've got you under my skin' and I felt that I was rushing to get nearer the girls. And on another part I felt too cramped 'I'd consider killing you if I though you where alive'. Dannii and Holly where too close to me so I feel as though my movement of 'coming back to life' was missed and blocked. I think we need to improve this to make the dance neater and more compact . However over all I was really please with our team work . 

No comments:

Post a Comment