Thursday 19 May 2016

Dance evaluation 2nd part of dance

http://youtu.be/mqTSxSh5rQc


I really think we have some great ideas and have developed our piece . I think it was brave to choose a poem as our stimuli unlike or peers who chose songs. However this poem does have an evident rhythm. Again like the first part of the poem we need to work on getting the movement to be sharper and faster. I think because John Cooper Clarke is so fast when reading it makes it hard to remember. I really like our movement for 'scratching your bad name off his list then pointing the way outside'. This in my opinion this is a smooth transition and looks powerful and effective when trying to portray the imagery . I also really like the development we have made when trying to figure out how to portray the bat . We need to work on our extension and stance in that particular move but I think it's a clever way of portraying at bat with our bodies.

What I personally need to work on is the leg turne for 'you make me wanna piss'. My co-ordination and balance is not good and I end up wobbling or holding back on exaggerating this move. Also I think we should think of a move for 'suicide' as it has a very strong meaning and I feel like we could use it to create an impact . Overall I think we have made great progress and I'm looking forward to performing it . 

No comments:

Post a Comment