Thursday 4 February 2016

8th of Jan production roles and after college rehearsal

Today we started off with our production rolls . I am part of the costume department . I was in charge for getting costume shorted for myself and ashely 'Collins' and to help people with an extra character to think of . That involved shorting out the costume rail out and ladling everyone's hangers with suggested or definet costume . For Collins I had 3 accessories to show that time was changing and Collins was dressed for different days. In addition to that I filled out a sheet showing what costume I needed for what scene to show time shifting . This also really helps becuase it clearly showed me when I had time to change . For example I had 3 beenie hats , a red, grey and black one . 3 differnt checkered shirts. And 3 coats including a black blazer for 'James bond' - New year scene . I also think for myself I should have stubble to fully get into character and to make it clear to the audience im playing a male character . In my opinion I think it's best to act fully male at every opportunity . There's not point in trying to portary a different character if your not prepared to commit to it. 

My costume organisation sheet . 



After college we aimed to do a full run of rent . It was the first time we had done a run through with the band . My cast where off cast playing 'the homelss'  . In my opinion act 1 is the longest 'in speed' and lowest 'in energy' . It's really hard to pick up the pace and get into the flow of it . It was an unsuccessful rehearsal in my option as we had planed to do a whole run , however i appriciate that the band have never had ago at playing to our pace . We did have too keep stopping and starting again . But that is the whole point of a rehearsal it's too see what's going well and what isn't . Again I think I'll cover you need some work because we found a new problem within the song , it's a lot slower them max , Ashley and myself originally thought . However this helped me greatly because it resolved my problem of feeling like I wasn't getting enough breaths in before singing . I know have more time to breath in and have breath control . Also this means our moment is now a lot slower . I think this will be easier to work with because we will be able to make travelling across the stage neater and more direct. This may also help the soft  romantic atmosphere we want the song to have . Also we discover that in "you ok honey" max has a music que of 2 rounds of drums beating before staring the song. This will help as we won't have to find a convenient time to fit in the music , it lets us know when to begin and I think this will help develop better timing within the song . 

No comments:

Post a Comment