Friday 5 February 2016

19th Jan a full run

Today we had a full run start to finish with no stopping  and with the band . Also we where all in costume and make up . I think for a full run we did really well . The only thing I think could of been improved is the transitions in stanta fe . I feel that the chairs came on too slowly and I start the song before everyone is sitting down and also it can get quite cramped when the phrases start their routine . When I'm off cast playing a homeless person I allocate two chairs to be in charge of and I bring them on in a stylised manner  to create a  physical  theatre ambience when creating the train. I also do this for La vie boheme . Also I feel a lot more confident in the orders of the scene and the time I have to get changed before I'm on again . I also now have a better understanding of the changing relationships within the play and how that effects the characters .  In addition to this I feel a lot better with 'I'll cover you' duet . Our spacing and proxemics are more direct , slow and smooth therefore giving me more chance to take in a big breath and not to run out of breath . This defiantly gives me more chance to focus on how Collins is reacting to Angel . I feel there is an easier and real connection between them now . Before I think because of the speed of the song we lost out in building their relationship because as actors we where focused more on the traveling and staying in key when out of breath . Finally I am really happy with how La vie boheme is coming along . I reached my target and remembered all lyrics and came back strong if I muddle them up . Also I feel a lot more confident with singing and dancing at the same time now . Before that was always a challenging multitask but I feel I have become more successful in that area of movement . I feel confident with the routine myself and Sophie do how ever i do worry about the spacing as there isn't much room for me and Sophie to do our lift. Also I am very pleased with how angels deaths scene has developed . I think using the levels to show Angels deterioration is clever and brings a dramatic serious tone to the scene. Also the interaction with the nurses makes the scene more personal and realistic . The more the characters connect with people the more upsetting the death . The audience should feel great sympathy .

My final targets to myself that I have recognised I need to improve and make a note of is that for 'will i' I need to sing with the girls because my vocal range cannot reach as low as the boys so I'm going to sing where I feel comfortable and where I can project volume . Also to wait until all the chairs are in place for Santa Fe . Also for I'll cover you reprise I'm not going to take any of Angels objects up with me because I think she holding the rails to sing helps me belt and project because my body is physically  pushing my voice out higher and further.

No comments:

Post a Comment