Friday 5 February 2016

Friday 15th Jan

Today we rehearses act 1 and act 2 up to seasons of love B . What I think went well is the opening song rent , we have worked on the 'aggressive' street choreography . The phareses look a lot better now and less messy . It now looks like we have more of a perpouse and a strong sense of direction when travelling across he stage to interact with the homeless actors hanging around . My suggestion of the phareses freezing when there is certain dialogue being spoken within the song looks effective. The freeze breaks up the dance an adds dramatic effective when the actors all start moving again when the music come in loudly and excitedly . Also I think 'you ok honey' has improved . We are a lot more in time with the music however to develop and improve further myself , max and ash still need to slow down our singing as it can sometimes sound rushed . For example the first line 'you ok honey' can be rushed and then make the whole song out of time . To avoid this I think I will just make a pause and wait for the music if that line is rushed to get back in time with the band . Also what I think that needs improvement personally for me my dialogue in 'la vie boheme' the lines I struggle with It's  ' in honour of the death of Bohemia a imprumtu salon will commence immediatly following dinner" . Also I find  " angel dumontshunard will model the lastest fall fashion from pari while accompany herself with a 10 gallon plastic pickle tube". I think more then anything it's a tounge twister to say especially 'plastic pickle tube' because of the 'p's' . In addition to that I find the lyrics Collins and Maureen sing 'anarchy , revoulotion , justice screaming for solution forcing changes risk and danger making noise and making pleases' . What I find so challenging is is the speed those lyrics have to be sung at .

No comments:

Post a Comment