Friday 22 January 2016

7th Jan Thursday ACT 2

In today's rehearsal it was my cast who ran Act 2 . What I think is going well is 'Santa Fe'and 'I'll cover you reprise' . I really feel confident with these songs vocally , I enjoy doing them in a lower octave . It's a challenge for me and make me realise the versatility I have developed within my acting.  The only concern I have its that in Santa Fe I feel out of breath as I have to move around the phyisical theatre train . I enjoy the mood of the song and the interaction I have with the characters on the train but I'm aware that on the last line of the song "Do you know the way to Santa Fe" I start very low and because I'm trying to catch a breath it comes out very quite . It puts me off in regards to my characterisation and I feel it is noticeable. To resolve this and develop I might just try and say that line instead of sing it . Because atleast then the audience can hear the lyrics and I will feel more comfortable with this adaption . Also this problem effects the duet with max "I'll cover you" because I am moving around the stage quite a lot I feel that I can't reach the notes I need to because I can't take in a deep enough to breath . Also it is hard to keep in key with Max as he has a low, deep voice and is trying to sing in a higher key. We need to find a blance where we feel comfortable and confident with the song and movement . It works less successfully when we are doing big movement and covering a lot of stage . I think it would be better if we make small movements and just stroll 'lovingly' across the stage creating a romantic atmospher .

No comments:

Post a Comment