Friday 18 September 2015

unit3 researching drama schools and courses

Here are some images from a presentation I made about researching drama schools and what courses they offer to students . I researched into 4 Drama schools and looked at courses I thought would be appropriate to suit me and what interested me about them .



For example I am looking to apply to Royal Central school of speech and drama . Also I would like to apply to Rose Buford, GSA and possibly Northbook Uni and ABU. 

At Royal Central their BA (Hons) Degree in acting really appeals to me. Here is a quote from Central giving their overview of the course "A comprehensive classical and contemporary actor training, this demanding course nurtures students through a life-changing journey, in which they are challenged to achieve their full potential as actors and acquire skills for working in the full range of acting contexts."
http://www.cssd.ac.uk/course/acting-ba
What I like the sound of in this course is the fact that they focus on classical and contemporary plays and training. Personally I like contemporary plays as they often focus on real like issues and subjects . I feel as though I can connect with a character that has a real life issues as i may myself find the issues easy to relate to . I may have tackled a circumstance that is similar to the character 
therefore I find it more enjoyable to portray in a character .Also because i am a English lit/lang student I have knowledge of analysing texts from plays and I feel with would help seeing as i'm researching texts from plays in a creative and analytical way.

I also have looked into the BA (Hons) Acting course at Rose Bruford . What interests me about this course is that really point out that is course is very vocational and practical . This appeals to me as I find it easier to convey my ideas vocally rather then by writing. Also they they grab your attention by saying how they will train you in all aspects of the PA industry . I feel that I would benifit from this course as I am very open to working in all areas from Television to the stage . You need to be open to anything in this industry and you have to be ready to challenge yourself and learn something new. I have never been taught how to act in front of a camera or in a recording studio and that really excites me, to think I will be learning new and modern skills. 

In addition to this I have look into the GSA BA (Hons) Acting Degree. What I think would be suitable for me in this course is how they like to train you and integrate students into an emsumble environment. It's always important to be able to work with anyone in the PA industry and it sounds like a very intense course which is really just giving preparation for the industry when your on your own. Also what interests me about this course is the practitioners they use . There are new names I've never heard of and new styles of acting to train with and explore.   This would be very beneficial for me as I feel that I need to explore new styles of acting, new styles that would make me stand out and bring out skills that I would of developed .

Furthermore I have looked into acting courses in universities . For example one university I really looked into was AUB. Again what I though was suitable about this course was that fact that they used classical and contemporary texts which are my favorite types of plays (especially contemporary). However they also mentioned that you work with the rest of the university for example make up and costume. What I really liked about this is that it would give you a feel of the industry . You would be constantly working with lots of different people and having to communicate all the time therefore giving you great confidence and preparation for later in life. Again this is an important skill if you want to work in the PA industry . 


No comments:

Post a Comment