Thursday 28 April 2016

Classical Audtion


Classical Audition
I  think the monoluge I choose to do for my classical audtion was a good choice . I chose macbeth act 5 scene 5 by shakespear . I used it to my advantage as I used this monoluge for all my other classical audtions at drama schools . This meant that I knew the piece really well and its context . This monoluge is when Macbeth finds out the news that his wife is dead and he is falling into insanity. It worked well with the character that I would of ideally wanted to play in Faustuas (Mephistophiles) . The characters of macbeth and Mephistophiles link well as they are omminous and have a sinister personality. I think the audition went well, I gave myself a moment to compose and take a breath . I thought about what Macbeth was trying to convey in his speech and what he may of been feeling . My stance was strong and still when giving the speech and also my posture was stright to make myself look tall and towering. I lowered my tone of voice and spoke loudly and clearly . I think this showed Macbeths persona to a good standard and it also showed that I could deal with the complex language . When being questioned on the play I had done my research and had a keen understanding of play and its themes . I had also looked into the character of Mephistophiles and expained how I loved palying the villain as I feel its more diverse, interesting and complex. The Villan always has a superobjective and that usually makes the plot twist and casues the conflict which is the peak of dramatic tension. I was very happy to recive the part of Mephistophiles therefor thought I'd used my time more wisely in this audtion compared to the Rent and West Side Story audtion.

No comments:

Post a Comment