Tuesday 24 February 2015

Master of the house performance



our piece

Over all I think our performance went well. For example my characterization was persistent all the way through and I maintained the characters cockney accent  within the song which was vital for keeping the persona of the character strong over the entire performance. Also I think i worked well with the timing of the music and the pace, i always kept up and never overlap the music which can be a challenge in this song . Also I do think overall I was imaginative through out my vocal and physical expression within the performance. However there where points i could improve for next time. For example at one point in the song "everybody's chaperon" my voice went too high and sounded squeaky . This had always proved to be a hard line for me to belt out as id have to uncomfortably use my head voice. In rehearsals myself and max would always give it our best we even had Luke watch some of our rehearsals and we asked him what went well and what could we improve.
 Maybe to practice "everybody's chaperon"  I could do some range and flexibility exercises and see if it makes any improvement. Also even though I thought our movement across the stage was good to improve, we could interact with the audience to make it more engaging and interesting this would also make our physical characterization look even better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment